Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Welcome to 5th Grade!!!


Students,

I am so excited to be part of the fifth grade team! I have taught many of you when you were a much smaller second graders and I was a much bigger second grade teacher :) Now we are geting ready to strike out on a new journey, FIFTH GRADE!! I hope that you are as ready as I am to get things rolling and to get the fun and learning underway! I have already mapped out much of the first semester and look forward to all of the projects and lessons we will be doing together!


First of all Open House night you will get a welcome packet. These packets include information about RCS , our class as well as fifth grade specific things! If you can, please fill out the things that need filling out and bring them back asap, so that we can get the housekeeping things done and over with!


Secondly we will be starting homework (I know it's a bad word) on the first full week, which is Monday, August 31st. Don't worry I am going easy on you the first week. The first week you will only be required to read (your choice of material this week) for 30 minues. We will build up to the full load by the end of September :) I don't want homework to be overwhelming but I do want it to be informative and to help you use what you learn in class.


If you are having trouble getting something done, please come to me. Do not wait until the day before something is due to make excuses. Also if you are not getting your nightly reading done this will affect your reading grade so please see me ASAP if you need time during the school day to get your reading in. I don't want to make this a habit but I want you to succeed!!!


Lastly for today, please talk to your parents about volunteering :) We will not have an assistant this year and I can always use help getting bulletin boards done, doors decorated, copies ran, one on one with students, whatever their gifted area I can find them a job in our class :)


I can't wait until I see everyone at open house! If you want to bring your supplies that night you can, there will be places on the side counters for you to put everything. Just look for the right tags!


Until open house,

Mrs. Efird


No comments:

Post a Comment